Following up on my previous post, I decided to go the easier route and just install an older version of Ruby that didn’t have the problem with Sinatra, since I wanted a setup I could replicate easily, and editing the server.rb each time I installed wasn’t what I was going for. I downloaded 1.9.2-rc2 from http://ftp.ruby-lang.org//pub/ruby/1.9/, compiled it and it works:
[evan@evanfc12 ~]$ ruby --version ruby 1.9.2dev (2010-07-11 revision 28618) [x86_64-linux] [evan@evanfc12 ~]$ ruby hi.rb ^C [evan@evanfc12 ~]$ cat hi.rb require 'sinatra' get '/' do "Hello World!" end [evan@evanfc12 ~]$ ruby hi.rb == Sinatra/1.0 has taken the stage on 4567 for development with backup from WEBrick [2010-10-08 15:32:23] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1 [2010-10-08 15:32:23] INFO ruby 1.9.2 (2010-07-11) [x86_64-linux] [2010-10-08 15:32:23] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=21758 port=4567
Speed bumps like this are so much fun!